5-1-15 – Trading Strategy
4/16/15 – UWTI (Crude Oil) @ $3.45
4/24/15 – EURL (Europe) @ $36.11
4/27/15 – RUSL (Russia) @ $31.60
JNUG (Junior Gold Miners) Stop Loss @ $21.87 for an 8.99% loss
– As seen in previous months, morning gaps down have caused immediate stops to be hit. Today was no exception and nothing could have foretold this. However, with the many other positions in positive territory this should be a profitable month as I close out the remaining positions.
The markets have this “bearish” feel, many of the markets are turning downward together. May might turn out to be an interesting month.
Current Holdings with Open Orders for 5/1/15
Sell UWTI (Crude Oil) Limit @ 4.10 (18.84% Profit)
Sell UWTI (Crude Oil) Stop @ 3.30 (4.35% Loss)
– With today’s strong movement, I am moving up my limit order to 1.5x the daily trading range and my stop to 1x the daily trading range.
Sell EURL (Europe) Limit @ $39.50 (9.39% Profit)
Sell EURL (Europe) Stop @ $35.30 (2.24% Loss)
– EURL dropped a bit more today, with 3 days now, we’ll see if my stop order will hold or if I’ll end up taking a loss. It’s hard to say with the markets recent volatility.
Sell RUSL (Russia) Limit @ $36.85 (16.61% Profit)
Sell RUSL (Russia) Stop @ $28.80 (8.86% Loss)
– More sideways movement today, so same orders as yesterday.
New Open Orders for 5/1/15
– This has been a strange past few days, DRV (Inverse Real Estate) looks like a good entry, but with JNUG flip flopping like this today, I just don’t trust these movements so I’m going to wait to see what Monday holds.