3-2-15 – Trading Strategy
2/26/15 – DGLD (Inverse Gold) @ $70.90
2/27/15 – DGAZ (Inverse Natural Gas) @ $7.41
2/27/15 – SOXL (US Semi Conductors) @ $150.10
** So I am human, I forgot to place my sell orders for DGLD on Friday. I should have been stopped out of the position if I had, but I’m still in it. **
DGAZ (Inverse Natural Gas) filled @ $7.41
SOXL (US Semi Conductors) filled @ $150.10
– More modest sideways movements in the markets. Many of my “Stocks on the Watch” came close, but reversed before the buy signals flashed. Patience pays off, you can either fight the market like I tried to do in January and get gut-checked, or you can modify your strategy and make the market show some more conviction. So far waiting has keep the losses more minimal. It will take only a couple of trades to make a big profit once some kind of direction is established.
My Stocks on the Watch Article is now available
Current Holdings with Open Orders for 3/2/15
Sell DGLD (Inverse Gold) Limit @ $74.30 (4.5% Profit)
Sell DGLD (Inverse Gold) Stop @ $69.80 (1.5% Loss)
– I should have been stopped out on Friday, I don’t see any reason to let this fall lower to invalid my speculative direction on Gold. Keeping the same order as on Friday.
Sell DGAZ (Inverse Natural Gas) Limit @ $8.50 (13.4% Profit)
Sell DGAZ (Inverse Natural Gas) Stop @ $7.15 (4.7% Loss)
– Volatility has been shrinking on Natural Gas, so I don’t feel I need to account for a wider potential loss before my direction on Natural Gas is invalidated. Keeping my win/loss ratio as close to 3:1 as possible.
Sell SOXL (US Semi Conductors) Limit @ $156.20 (4.06% Profit)
Sell SOXL (US Semi Conductors) Stop @ $146.60 (2.34% Loss)
– I’m just under 2:1 profit ratio for this trade, but that is only if it sells on Monday. I will increase my limit order if necessary. My only concern is the SPXL (S&P 500) failed to make a new high which could be an early indication SOXL won’t be able to go up much further on it’s own. US stocks move longer term in sync, so I may be able to squeeze out a day or two on SOXL before it also turns downward.
New Open Orders for 3/2/15
– No new orders for Monday. My “Stocks on the Watch” didn’t trigger at all last week and nothing significant on Friday.